Wednesday 11 June 2014

Saying Goodbye

 

I’m leaving on a jet plane don’t know when I’ll be back again - John Denver
Okay fine, I’m leaving in a Toyota Land Cruiser Station Wagon but let’s not nit-pick. I’m leaving Maun, The Town (okay fine Village) I grew up in, leaving to find fame and fortune in the land of my ancestors, Zambia! The fame and fortune bit is a bit exaggerated but its part of the plan, kinda-sorta (watch this space). I’ve lived in Botswana since I was two years old and though I am technically a Zambian I’ve never actually lived there so to this will be a new experience. Major culture and language shock! People keep asking how I feel, am I excited? Well, I have a feeling that years from now I’ll remember this happily but for now remember that song by Vivian Green, Emotional Rollercoaster?  Yeah that’s me.
 
 
 

Instead of making this a tears and snot fest I’ve decided to share happy memories. These photos were taken at one of my favourite places in the whole world, the Thamalakane river behind my house. Beautiful isn’t it? The River is a very big deal in Maun, back in the day it would dry out towards the end of summer and you could literally walk across re-enacting Moses and the children of Israel escaping that crazy Pharaoh. Predicting the exact date the water would return was a really big deal when I was a kid. Sounds trivial now but these are the kind of things you remember when you’re old and grey (rich and famous) In Zambia, when Botswana has become a distant memory (sniff sniff).

 





This post is a perfect reflection of my day to day life. I never know what to wear, often too few or too many options. So I decided to share all the different ways I accessorise this all white ensemble and let you choose for me. The top and Jeans are Mr Price. The more time you spend on this blog the more you will see that Mr price and I are soul mates. It’s that simple.







 
Jeans and Vest - Mr price

Blazer– Lindex

Blue Sandals – Gifted

Denim Jacket – DFX

Black Booties – JB Sports

Tie Dye Vest – Thrifted

Gold Chain – Jewellery Box
Leaving Maun and Botswana for the unknown is a big deal for me so expect lots of posts on my adventures leaving Botswana and settling in Zambia. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be awesome. Had to make any big changes recently? Any advice to share?

4 comments:

  1. tsala yame. one day is 24 hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so Maun is this beautiful?? lol, nice pics Lu, cant blv u finally leaving, sad:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maun is a beautiful place, by the river. Love it so much. I can't believe I've let left either but its good to start a new journey. Cant wait to get my own place then you can visit. ;)

      Delete
    2. akere, ...n i cant wait to visit too:)

      Delete

here's your chance