Tuesday 22 April 2014

Won't Be Soon Before Long

Initially I intended to make two separate posts on what I had worn to work a few weeks ago but it turns out getting pictures taken everyday is only possible if you live with a photographer (I don't). So I had to do this over the weekend which is why my hair and accessories don't differ much. Im still happy with the final product though.

I work for a Wildlife research centre.  The dress code is ultra casual, no suits and ties. In fact almost everyone dresses in khaki's and nuetrals (practicality over fashion). So my look for work is a little more flamboyant than pretty much everyone I work with, but hey a girl has gotta stay true to herself right? I do try however to find a balance between practicality and looking stylish. This isn't always easy and I see-saw between feeling over dressed and I underdressed all the time. My general rule is; look cute but not like you're trying to hard. It seems to work so far but necessary adjustments are made when necessary. Bold prints and colours are a reoccurring theme in my closet as are flowy fabrics. I think these two outfits are pretty representative of my daily looks. Comfort is always key.


Top: Jay Jays, Skirt: Mr Price, Shoes: Woolworths

Top and Sandals : Mr Price, Skirt: H&M

                                      My style is constantly evolving so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

here's your chance